Thursday, January 24, 2013

Speaking out...

I've always been pretty out spoken on my dislike of guns. I think this dislike of guns has confused many into believing that this means I am anti-gun. I am not anti-gun and I am 100% for the second amendment. I believe it is the peoples right to defend themselves. My dislike of guns probably stems from the fact that as a teenager, one of my best friends little brothers was accidentally killed while playing with a gun. I do not believe however that this is a reason to do away with guns. If we lived in a sin free world than I could see that no guns would be feasible but we do not. We live in a world of chaos which will only continue to decline until the coming of the Lord. Outlawing guns will only hurt the good people, because the bad people will continue to break the law as they always have.
Growing up, I can't remember a time when my grandfather (mother's side) did not have a gun on his person. He was always cleaning them. It was nothing to have numerous grandchildren running around while this was taking place but no one ever got hurt. As an ex 82nd airborne division in the army (Korean War Veteran), my grandfather instilled in us the knowledge that guns were always to be assumed loaded and were not toys.








There is alot of argument over whether automatic guns should be allowed and here's my argument for that. When we Americans first gained our independence as a country over a tyrannical government, it was achieved because the people still had what was the times version of an automatic rifle. We are facing hard times. We are facing a world that wants to take those freedoms we once fought for. Even our founding fathers spoke about this...

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. Which would include their own government." - George Washington

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin


My great great great grandfather (father's side) immigrated to this country in 1793 and was friends with Thomas Jefferson. I wonder how he would feel about the world today, if he would disappointed!

Both of my grandfathers fought for this country, one in the Korean War and one in World War II. Along with great grandfathers in the Civil War, etc... We need to stop demeaning what these men fought for and what our soldiers are still out there fighting for everyday!!!




What we need to realize is that, guns don't kill people, people kill people. If we better educate people than our world might be alittle bit different. Not only do we not educate the people, but we spend our time trying to change history. The old saying is, a people who doesn't learn from history is doomed to repeat it, well how much worse off will a people be that tries to change their history to their liking.

The signs of the times are here. Wake up, if you don't  know Jesus Christ as your personal savior, start seeking him today!

                                                               Just my voice, Sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment