Today is January 1, 2014 and it has a been a wonderful start to the new year! John and I celebrated by watching Pride and Prejudice, starting it before midnight and finishing after. I really don't think there is a better way to celebrate. Our 'snuggles eve' may very well become a tradition!
In lieu of kicking off a new year, I'd like to review the wonderful events of 2013 [and the few sad ones], but over all it was a great year!
- [Grandma Davis passed away]
- Prayer meeting for Alyssa - she's doing good.
- Hurley's Old Fashion Day - The kids shot paintballs with their friends for hours, there were a few battle wounds.
- Easter - Randy and his family came to visit! I miss my brother so.
- CoastCon - I met Adrian Paul!!!
- TEAAM Coast Trivia Night and Wine Tasting
- TEAAM Coast 5th Annual Autism Walk was a great success!
- Children's Book Fest at USM - Getting locked in a stairwell because of a tornado...scary. Being there with half a dozen famous authors...priceless!
- Biloxi Lighthouse - Light it up blue! Woohoo! 1st time!
- Mobicon- 1st time working the Krewe du Who table and serving on a panel! Sci-fi jeopardy was awesome...I won a tribble!
- Mother's Day - visited with Granny, took pics with 4 generations of girls!
- Kids and I got new bikes! Woohoo, thanks stepdaddy!
- Ellie had fun at her bff's birthday swim party, Emma!
- Ellie participated in VBS at Fulllife and had a blast with her friends.
- The kids, mom and I all went hiking and had loads of fun!
- I took a much needed vacation at the end of summer reading and visited the beach.
- WooHoo! Saw BB King in concert!
- Met in person, the love of my life... John ... my beau ;)
- Kids started back to school - Chris in 9th grade, Isaac in 6th grade, and Ellie in 3rd grade.
- Best Date Ever - a beach picnic I'll never forget!
- Librarianship 101 alumni meeting at Hattiesburg public library - fun.
- Isaac turned 11.
- Isaac and Ellie graduated from sensory integration therapy and got their handprints on the wall!
- Krewe du Who photo shoot in Nola - we made the paper!
- Changed my name back to my maiden name - best decision ever!
- Haircut and donated to Locks of Love.
- Went to the Fall Muster with John at Beauvoir. - Fun
- TEAAM coast Halloween Party - kids had fun
- MLA conference in Biloxi
- 1st time tailgating - at USM with John
- Ellie turned 9.
- 1st Halloween Party with John.
- [Abbygale passed away]
- Chris turned 15.
- Met John's parents.
- Spent 1st Thanksgiving with John and his family!
- BCF Michelle got married.
- [Uncle Apple passed away]
- Elfie came back - his 2nd year with us.
- TEAAM coast Christmas party - Santa showed up.
- 1st Christmas/Birthday with John - It was amazing...love my magnolia ring!
All in all, we had a wonderful year and we hope that 2014 has even better things in store! Here's a few pictures that highlight our moments!